Mastering the 5 Behaviours of a Cohesive Team
- Do you wish your whole team would work toward collective results?
- Do you seek out animated discussions and true debate to find the best solutions?
- How healthy is the culture of your workplace team?
- Have you tried to fix the problems in a team with new procedures and rules?
This is the perfect follow-up to the DiSC training on collaboration for managers and teams. The 5 Behaviours of a Cohesive Team is a solid learning experience based on an assessment that will help your team to discover how they can become more cohesive and effective together. This training can take one or two days, depending on your teams and your needs. This experience will maximize the strengths and potential of your team to the ultimate advantage of true teamwork. With the goal of creating a cohesive and productive team, this training program includes the following five sections:
- To build trust: Once your team members become totally transparent and honest with each other, they build their confidence in one another with vulnerability-based trust.
- To have constructive and real debates around ideas: With trust levels increasing, the team can engage in healthy conflict and debate ideas constructively without censoring themselves.
- To make decisions: When points of view are shared honestly and constructively, they can make sound decisions together and stick to them.
- To be mutually accountable: With a clear action plan developed and decided upon together, the team holds each other mutually responsible and accountable to the plan.
- Working toward collective results: Obtaining collective results can be reached with increased trust, attention to healthy conflict, an engagement to making sound decisions together, and a commitment to reach the collective target.
This program is driven by the engagement of the team to work together to practice the 5 Behaviours of a Cohesive Team and to track their progress.
A cohesive team will:
- Make better decisions more quickly
- Rely on the expertise and opinions of all members of the team
- Avoid wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflicts
- Create a competitive edge
- Have more fun together
- Explore the virtues of an ideal teammate
The main outcome of this session is to agree upon behaviors to practice and how to monitor progress on mastering the 5 Behaviors over time.